This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
If you are anything like me & have a commute where you can just sit and read, books are constantly in heavy rotation all year long. But a lot of people don’t have the luxury (this will be the first and only time I call my commute a luxury) of downtime to get to read so beach vacay is where it happens! Here is a list of the books that I think are must reads this summer!
Let me know what you’re reading in the comments below!
1. If you are looking for a juicy beach read, look no further than The Husband’s Secret. Written by Liane Moriarty, (the same author that brought you Big Little Lies) this can’t-put-down novel explores the question of “who well do we actually know our spouses?”.
2. I’m sure you have seen The Handmaid’s Tale series being talked about, but the original book by Margaret Atwood is a funny & horrifying yet a very convincing look at a dystopian America in the not-so-distant future.
3. TRUST. YOUR. GUT. The Gift of Fear is a must read for everyone, especially women, to embrace our intuitions. We can protect ourselves, by learning to trust—and act on—our gut instincts.
4. One of my favorite poets to follow on Instagram, Atticus brings his poetry to the pages of his new book Love Her Wild.
5. Los Angeles in the 90s was a tumultuous time (to put it lightly) & Things That Happened Before the Earthquake takes fish-out-of-water Italian transplant Eugenia right into the thick of it.
6. Sharp and witty, Maria Semple’s Where’d You Go, Bernadette follows a young girl, Bee, as she pieces together random clues to find her mother, Bernadette.
7. Basically the story of my life, Girls in White Dresses follow a group of 3 girls who attend wedding after wedding of their friend’s while trying to figure out their own lives.
8. OK, yes this is a cookbook and not really an enthralling novel. BUT, what better way to enjoy your reads on the beach than with a super food popsicle?! These recipes are gorgeously shot, delicious & actually good for you!