This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
A squeeze of lemon into warm water every morning has more lasting effects than one might think…
- Cleanses the system: juice from fresh squeezed lemons act as a diuretic and help flush the system (ie they make you pee a lot). The citric acid in lemons also stimulate the liver, which has an over detoxifying affect on the body.
- Skin: the antioxidants and vitamin C in lemons help give you a glowing complexion. In addition, it’s alkaline level helps kill the bacteria responsible for acne.
- Immunity. The vitamin C does more than give you a beautiful complexion. Vitamin C as well as potassium work to strengthen the body’s immune system
- Hydration: the lemon water combo help to hydrate and replace fluids used by your body’s operational functions
- Weight loss: the high levels of pectin fiber found in lemons help curb hunger cravings.
- Fresh breath: the tart lemon flavor freshens your breath and relieves gingivitis. It also stops halitosis right in it’s track so you no longer have to worry about ‘Keto Breath’!
How to Get Started
I try to start every morning by heating up a mug of water & adding in a few slices of lemon. This is always a really relaxing way to start my day & my metabolism up!
If you are running low on time, I also like these True Lemon packets. They are 0 calorie & 0 carb per serving and the only ingredient is lemon! I’ll add a packet to a water bottle or some hot water when I get to work before coffee to really give me a nice wakeup!
I also like the True Lemon packets in tea instead of artificial sweeteners (artificial sweeteners can stall weight loss progress!).
Liked the lemon water tip? You’ll love these keto recipe ebooks!
If you are interested in starting a low carb or Keto diet take a look at my Keto 101 post here, check out my 7 Day Low Carb Meal Plan here, take a spin through my Pinterest page or click on an e-book below! Each ebook has 30 recipes with 5 ingredients & are 5 grams of net carbs or fewer! Talk about a no-brainer.
So you can choose 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner & 1 dessert from their Keto in Five cookbooks and know you’re under your daily carb limit for the day!
10 thoughts on “Lose More Weight By Drinking Lemon Water On A Keto Diet”
Interesting! I’ve actually carried around baggies of sliced lemon before for water lol Im def going to try out the True Lemon packets – they seem so much easier!
Hi Morgan, I’ve done that too! Switched to the True Lemon after a very sticky mishap ;D
I love tea on late nights and lemon water early in the morning. Heard also it helps curb hunger late in the afternoon but I usually get lazy getting up from my table to make a slice. Thanks for suggesting this lemon packets.
Totally agree Nancy!
Thank you for this! I love hot water and lemon! What a great idea to start your day off with it!
Will lemon water break my IF?
Hi Jamie, great question! You can have up to 50 calories on a fast so lemon water should be fine!
Will pre-squeezed lemon juice have the same benefit?
Fresh squeezed is always best but the pre-squeezed will do the trick!