This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
This insanely easy to make breakfast will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but will leave you full all morning long!
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
Ingredients (Makes 1 cake)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (my favorite is About Time)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (my fave is Almond Breeze)
- Fresh berries
- Keto friendly chocolate chips (stir in after batter comes together)
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (add this in the dry mixing phase if using)
- Peanut butter (microwaved for about 15 seconds)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (if using add an additional tablespoon almond milk)
- 1 tsp sweetener like Stevia
Mix all dry ingredients (including optional dry ingredients if using) until well combined. Mix in the almond milk and egg and stir until just combined (don’t over mix!). Depending on your microwave, cook for 40 – 60 seconds. Check the cake after 40 seconds; if it starts to bubble over the lip of the mug, stop the cooking and gently pat down the cake with the back of a spoon and continue microwaving. Your cake should be moist, but cooked all the way through. If its a little soft in the middle, feel free to put back in the microwave for an additional 15 seconds or enjoy as is!
When the cake is ready to eat, top with berries, heavy whipping cream or a spoonful of softened butter.
Liked this recipe? You’ll love these keto recipe ebooks!
If you are interested in starting a low carb or Keto diet take a look at my Keto 101 post here, check out my 7 Day Low Carb Meal Plan here, take a spin through my Pinterest page or click on an e-book below! Each ebook has 30 recipes with 5 ingredients & are 5 grams of net carbs or fewer! Talk about a no-brainer.
So you can choose 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner & 1 dessert from their Keto in Five cookbooks and know you’re under your daily carb limit for the day!
More from my site
373 5 373 5