This post may contain affiliate links. See affiliate disclaimer here.
This lemon fennel salad is filled with healthy fats, fiber and a ton of Vitamins all of which perfectly align to get your skin glowing. Each ingredient was picked to taste incredible but also with purpose.
Walnuts are high in Vitamin E and higher in antioxidants & in Omega-3s than almost any other nut. Because of this, walnuts help fight inflammation in the body and keep your gut healthy. The antioxidants & Omega-3s also play a great role in your skin’s look and texture by strengthening the membranes of skin cells and locking in moisture and nutrients. In addition to keeping your skin beautiful, this also helps to keep out skin damaging toxins for beautiful, glowing skin.
Lemons are filled with Vitamin C, citric acid and antioxidants. All of this helps with digestion, gut health, hydration and is rumored to help with collagen restoration! Vitamin C also helps fight off toxins and free radicals from the skin, so in addition to this salad, add a little lemon juice to warm water every day.
Love it or hate it, this herb is packed with skin benefits. As another ingredient that is high in Vitamin C, and parsley is said to help in the creation of collagen, which helps to give skin its structure and strength. Parsley also contains compounds that help with digestion and getting rid of bloat which is super important for your gut’s health.
Like parsley, a little bit of mint can help reduce bloat and assist in smoother digestion. This super herb has potent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties as well as a high content of salicylic acid, all of which help to calm skin and prevent acne. Mint is also packed with antioxidants which as we know fights against free radicals, leaving you with clearer and youthful skin.
In the recent years, celery has become the hottest new trendy in juicing. But hey, you can eat it too! In just one talk of celery, you are getting Vitamins C, A, & K, beta carotene, flavonoids, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. So what does that all mean? You are reducing inflammation, supporting digestion which helps your gut health, and protecting yourself against free radicals and toxins – all of which make your skin and insides glow.
Olive oil is a staple in most diets (including the ever beautiful Mediterranean diet) and for good reason. EVOO is rich in oleic acid which has been proven to reduce inflammation in the body. Olive oil also contains high amounts of Vitamins E&K plus a whole host of powerful antioxidants which help protect against toxins and keep the skin hydrated and glowing.
Zucchini is a delicious and versatile fruit (who knew!) that works well in almost all dishes. It works here as well with its high amount of antioxidants, Vitamin A, Zinc and carotenoids – all of which help improve upon your skin’s look and texture. Zucchini also has a great mix of soluble and insoluble fiber which allows for easy digestion and assisting overall with a healthy gut.
Now for the star of the show, fennel! Fennel is packed with skin and health nutrients that help it punch way above its weight. This veggie also contains high amounts of Vitamin C & antioxidants which help fight toxins, reduce inflammation, and create collagen, both creating a youthful skin texture.
— The Ultimate Allergen-Free Keto Guide and Meal Plan
— Top 8 Rules to Safely Buy Cosmetics from Amazon, Walmart & More
Glowing Skin Fennel & Zucchini Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pink salt, plus more to taste
- A couple of heavy grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup good extra-virgin olive oil (as Ina Garten would say)
- 3 large fennel bulbs, greens cut off, first layer peeled off and thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 handful roughly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 handful roughly chopped mint
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
How to Make the Salad
- Whisk or blend together lemon juice, salt and pepper while slowly drizzling in the oil until it is completely blended in with the other ingredients. Since this is a simple dressing, give it a taste and see if you need any more salt or lemon juice to really make it pop.
- In a large bowl, toss the dressing with fennel, zucchini and celery. Fold in parsley and walnuts. If you are looking for an extra depth of flavor and dairy doesn’t disrupt your skin, add a little Parmesan just before serving.
Tips from Someone Who Has Made This a Ton
- This is my go-to dressing for all of my salads and can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. I’ll toss it into the salad about an hour or so before serving.
- If you prefer to cook the zucchini and not eat raw, sauté or steam the slices until soft.
LIKED THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE KETO RECIPE EBOOKS!
Hey! Thinking about trying the Keto diet? I’d love to help! I’ve lost over 65 pounds doing Keto and have kept it off! Take a look at my Ultimate Keto Diet Beginner’s Guide & Food List, take a spin through my Pinterest page or click on an e-book below! Each ebook has 30 recipes with 5 ingredients & are 5 grams of net carbs or fewer! Right now they are on SALE for $9.99 each! Talk about a no-brainer.
So you can choose 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner & 1 dessert from their Keto in Five cookbooks and know you’re under your daily carb limit for the day!