I love cooking with free herbs. Nothing beats the smell of fresh rosemary being baked or fresh basil being cut into salads. I find it hard to buy an appropriate amount of fresh herbs from the grocery store or market since you need to purchase a large bundle even when you may only need a few sprigs.
Enter tiny herb gardens! I love the variety home herb gardens can give you in the spice department and the ease in which you can cut just the right amount needed. I’ve found the cutest gardens to buy or to get some serious herb-spiration!
Spiralizing your favorite veggies into noodles is a fun & tasty way to get your veggies in and create low carb recipes. These recipes are quick, easy, loaded with veggies & will help you lose weight! Don’t see your fave noodle recipe? Let me know what I should add in the comments below!
1. Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Pesto
Continue reading ➞ Eat Yourself Skinny with Zoodles!
I love green smoothies. They taste great, make you feel even better & make you look your best.
My new favorite secret ingredient to green smoothies is collagen peptides. I have arthritis in my knees and am always looking for ways to ease the stiffness, cracking and pain in them. After doing some research, collagen is the perfect ingredient for supporting healthier cartilage and ligaments for better flexibility and mobility.
An added bonus in addition to helping with my arthritis is that collagen helps your overall bodily health from the inside out. It strengthens bones & promotes healthier and more youthful skin tone and elasticity, as well as stronger hair and nails. So all in all, this added smoothie ingredient is a complete win win!
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh spinach (or use frozen spinach – one frozen square package works great)
- 2 celery stalks, cleaned and cut in thirds
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 large handful parsley, cleaned (this gives the smoothie some extra bite – feel free to leave out!)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (almond milk works here too)
- 1 TSP Matcha Green Tea powder ( I LOVE this stuff, it gives great energy & helps burn fat)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (my fave brand is Flight Nutrition Collagen Peptides)
Combine all ingredients except the collagen in your blender and blend for about 1 minute. Add in the collagen and blend to mix for about 10 seconds. Serve over ice and enjoy!
How to make this smoothie:
Lose weight fast & easy with these low carb, keto recipe e-books!
When going low carb, we have to cut (let’s face it) the best foods. We have to say goodbye to bread, pasta, potatoes, and more of our faves in the quest to get healthier and fitter. With these low carb recipes, you’ll get all the flavor and satisfaction that you won’t even miss the carbs!
1. Chicken Bacon Crock Pot Chowder
Continue reading ➞ The Tastiest Low Carb Recipes for Fat Loss!